Experience China off the beaten path! This unique trip will blend the incredible history and culture of China with unique outdoor experiences that most visitors will never see. This multi-adventure trip will include hiking caving and via ferrata as we move around China by bus, train, bike, cab and foot. Participants will see the amazing cultural sites of Beijing and Xi’an which include the Terra Cotta Army, Forbidden City and Tianamen Square. We will also explore and hike a remote section of the Great Wall as we experience China through our gracious host and guide who will treat us to all of the best local experiences and insider knowledge.
Trip includes all ground transportation, lodging, fees and some meals. Lodging will be in hostels, hotels and villages.
• Exploring the history of Beijing: Tianamen Square, Forbidden City and Summer Palace
• Travel by taxi, bike, high speed train, subway, bus and foot throughout one of the world’s largest cities and the mountainous country around it
• Hike the gorgeous and sharp granite peaks of Mount Huashan
• Experience the underground world of a wilderness caving experience
• Hike a remote and breathtaking section of the Great Wall at Jiankou
• Experience the exposure and thrill of via ferrata
• Travel to the historic city of Xi’an as we explore the Muslim Quarter and bike on top of the city wall
• See the amazing Terra Cotta Warriors and UNESCO World Heritage Site
The $500 deposit reserves your spot on the trip. The full trip cost is $1300 for U of M Students or $1550 for the general public. The reminder of the trip fee must be paid in full by April 29.
Participants will receive a refund only if the Outdoor Program cancels the trip due a lack of registration or extenuating circumstances. Participants who cancel before the pre-trip meeting will receive a refund for the total paid less the $500 deposit. After the pre-trip meeting, no refund will be received.